“when you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful” tinnybuddha
Do we really need to seek outside approval? true happiness is an inside job which doesn’t need anyone’s approval to manifest. looking outside for scraps of fulfillment or happiness for validation of your true self is not going to make you feel happy or better about yourself.
seeking outside approval in your relationship
There is different between seeking help in your relationship and seeking approval. seeking approval from friends, family just to impress them that you are following what they wanted you to have rather than what you really want to settle for. no one knows your heart like you do, there is nothing like i need to ask my friends what they think, its your life you know what you want and no one is holding a gun to your head to choose for them.
- you will lose yourself in relationship when you continuing seeking outside approval
- You consistently attract emotionally unavailable partners
- You feel incomplete without a relationship when you continue seeking outside approval after loosing yourself
let me tell you something, immediately you seek outside approval guess what you just sold your strength out and believe me they are coming back to quench that which you think you need their approval for. oh he is too short, she doesn’t have a model figure, oh she has a son already, he doesn’t work in a big firm, please its not your choice to make for anyone, As long as God approved it and your heart is with it and you know deep down it is right, then you just curved their approval and build your power. it hurts when you tell them everything is fine and they can’t know the secrets because you don’t need their approval to live your life.
stop seeking outside approval when you are the one to live the story.
seeking approval habit you need to stop
- Changing or softening your position because someone appears to disapprove
- doing something which you do not want to do because you are afraid to say ‘No’
- Consistently apologizing for your words and deeds whether others have expressed disapproval or not e.g. ‘I’m sorry but..
- Failing to complain when you have received poor service or a product not fit for purpose
- Feeling upset, worried, or insulted when someone disagrees with you
- Paying insincere compliments to gain approval
- pretending to be knowledgeable or an authority on a subject because you are afraid to admit that there is something you do not know
- behaving in a non-conforming manner in order to draw attention to yourself
- Asking permission when it is not required “credit coaching positive performance“
You are entitled to your own thoughts, beliefs and opinions
is like you going through challenges and seek help from a professional like a therapist then that is allowed.
again stop seeking outside approval when it involved two of you and let God approve your choice. A man/woman who doesn’t need anyone’s validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.
remember am not a love doctor (smiling)