However, there’s reason to eat cucumbers all year long. With vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, cucumbers can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies
- It Reduces cholesterol
- It promotes digestion
- It rehydrates and remineralize the body
- It contains high silica contents for silky hair
- It controls controls blood pressure
- it cures diabetes
- It reduces joint pains
- It prevents headaches
- It protects the brain
- Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline
- It fights cancer:Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and secoisolariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers.
- freshens breath:Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria. According to the principles of Ayurveda, eating cucumbers may also help to release excess heat in your stomach, which is said to be a primary cause of bad breath
- for weight loss:Because cucumbers contain mostly water they are an excellent food to help cleanse and wash away toxins. Toxins are often stored in fat cells and cause inflammation. But beyond just water content cucumbers also supply electrolytes to restore hydration of the body cells and balance the fluid levels in the body. This makes cucumber an important food to aid in weight loss
- metabolism: Drinking cucumber juice helps charge up your metabolism. This means that your food gets digested easily and is absorbed well by your system leading to a more energetic you.
- constipation:Not just flushing out toxins and boosting metabolism, cucumber juice is also rich in potassium, magnesium and silica. So it is a great supplement to get these minerals in your diet. Daily consumption of cucumber juice is said to cure chronic constipation.
cucumber weight loss recipe
1/2 Lemon thinly sliced
1/4 Cucumber thinly sliced- save 2 slices to place on your eyes
In a large pitcher add the lemon and cucumber, then the ice and then water. Let sit in the fridge for a few minutes before serving. Pour into a large wine glass, put your feet up and relax. Once the water is down to only 1/4 full refill with water. You can do this several times, keep in the fridge. The cucumber acts as an anti-inflammatory and the lemons boost immunity