Five nuts with amazing health benefits
Growing i never liked anything nut, just because of that myths or facts about getting pimple and acne when you eat nuts (mostly groundnut)… Due to my love for food (yes i love food) i found myself growing love for cashew nut and poof my face was still fresh months into eating it.
I later searched online to find out more about nut and decided to share some of these amazing nuts with amazing, life saving health benefits.
- Prevents heart disease: Among all the dietary plants and nuts, walnuts contain the highest amount of antioxidants. Around 100 g of walnuts will give more than 20 mmol antioxidants, which makes them extremely effective in combating heart disease by their ability to destroy free radicals. They are also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids that lowers bad cholesterol and increases the production of good cholesterol making it a great snack to keep your heart in great health.
- Boosts your sperm quality: Eating 2.5 ounces of walnuts per day improves semen quality in healthy young men, researchers say. According to a study by UCLA researchers, eating 75 grams of walnuts a day improves the vitality, motility, and morphology of sperm in healthy men aged 21 to 35. *credit the health site*
- rich source of protein: Peanuts are an excellent source of biotin. They are also a very good source of copper as well as a good source of manganese, niacin, molybdenum, folate, vitamin E, phosphorus, vitamin B1 and protein.
- reduces stroke risk: Research shows that eating more nuts, such as cashews, can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This may occur by reducing blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. Nuts are naturally cholesterol-free and contain good amounts of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- brain benefits: Almonds are often considered one of the best brain foods. Almonds nutrition is somewhat unique in that almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, two key nutrients capable of positively affecting neurological activity and preventing cognitive decline
- to reduce weight: Pistachios are a heart-healthy nut full of nutrients to benefit your weight loss plan. While they’re relatively high in calories, a diet rich in nuts is actually linked to leaner body composition and healthier body weights.