Liver is a large, meaty organ that sits on the right side of the belly. … The liver detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs. As it does so, the liver secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines. The liver also makes proteins important for blood clotting and other functions.
Here are foods/drink that cleanses and boost the right functioning of the liver
- cabbage helps stimulate the activation of two crucial liver detoxifying enzymes that help flush out toxins.
- This nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, a compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
- It contains glucosinolates and thiocyanates (including sulforaphane and isothiocyanate), which help to increase the liver’s ability to neutralise potentially toxic substances that could lead to cancer if left unattended.
- The presence of enzymes like glutathione transferase, glucuronosyl transferase and quinone reductase also help in the detoxifying process.
- Just a small amount of this pungent white bulb has the ability to activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins.
- Garlic also holds high amounts of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
- High in pectin, apples hold the chemical constituents necessary for the body to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract.
- It makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- It is high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene; eating carrot can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- Extremely high in plant chlorophylls, greens drains up environmental toxins from the blood stream.
- It has a distinct ability to neutralize toxic metals, chemicals and pesticides, that offers a powerful protective mechanism for the liver
- high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene just like the carrot; eating beets also help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- helps boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary carcinogens.
- You can add it as spice to your stew or veggie dish
LEMON AND LIME
- Drinking freshly-squeezed lemon or lime juice in the morning helps stimulate the liver
- These citrus fruits contain very high amounts of vitamin C, which aids the body in synthesizing toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water
- It is high in both vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver.
- freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice boost production of the liver detoxification enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other toxins.
- It is a liver-loving beverage which is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to assist liver function.I
- Green tea is a delicious, healthy addition to any diet. Just remember that green tea offers the benefits, not green tea extract.
- Arugula is a leafy green vegetable that’s loaded with nutritional benefits for nearly every area of the body, from the brain to the liver, as well as the skin and blood vessels.
- Broccoli compounds also modulate the activity of enzymes in the liver, which enhances natural detoxification pathways
- Walnuts high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which support normal liver cleansing actions
- Containing a high amounts of the amino acid arginine, walnuts aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia